CENTRAL ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING CENTER
Brian Fengel, Director
Illinois Central College-Peoria Campus-Poplar Hall
5407 N. University Street P100
Peoria, IL 61635-0001
Phone: (309) 690-7350
Fax: (309) 690-7359
Jean Swan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Grove: email@example.com
Many Aspects of Marijuana (THC)Cannabidiol (CND) and Synthetic Cannabinoids
February 27, 2020
8:30am – 11:30pm
Contact Sara Sparkman
Tazewell County Health Dept.
Funded in whole or in part through the Drug Free Communities grant at the Tazewell County Health Department under grant number SP018724 from the Office of National Drug Control Policy and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of ONDCP, SAMHSA, or HHS.
As of January 1, 2020, purchasing marijuana for personal recreational use was legalized in the state of Illinois. This short training is designed to teach law enforcement about the many aspects of marijuana (THC), Cannabidiol (CBD), and synthetic cannabinoids.
- Learn the differences between THC, CBD, and synthetic cannabinoids.
- Learn about the current uses for THC and CBD.
- Learn about the impairment caused by marijuana.
- Learn about the impact legalization of marijuana could have on law enforcement and the benefit of Drug Recognition Experts.
- Learn how legalization has impacted other states.
- Learn about the legal status of CBD products and the issues associated with their use.
- Learn about the laws that pertain to marijuana and CBD products to have a greater understanding of how they affect an individual.