CENTRAL ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING CENTER
Brian Fengel, Director
Phone: (309) 690-7350
Fax: (309) 690-7359
Jean Swan: email@example.com
Heather Grove: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breach Point: Personal & Professional Breakthroughs for Police Officers
Instructor: Kent Williams
June 1, 2024
8am – 12pm
Class will meet at CIPTC, 5407 N. University, Poplar P01, Peoria, IL
Enrollment Deadline: May 23, 2024
Course Size: Minimum – 15 Maximum – 30
In a chaotic and unpredictable world of plummeting moral standards our nation’s officers are facing stressors that can have predictable and profoundly negative impact upon their lives, careers and families. This 4-hour seminar will assist those attending in gaining a distinctly different perspective on the unique and potentially problematic consequences of performing well within a law enforcement culture. Officers, and their significant others will reflect upon the traumas and triumphs associated with modern law enforcement, and how these influence the pivotal balance between professional and personal relationships.
Kent Williams who is an experienced law enforcement executive and educator and is the owner of Breach Point Consulting will guide law enforcement personnel and their significant others in understanding a variety of best practice approaches in addressing these issues.
A theme of personal leadership will run throughout this seminar as those attending will have ample chance to reflect upon the universal journey of a vocation spent in law enforcement. This seminar will provide a new set of skills designed to assist contemporary knights and their family members maintain a balanced, meaningful and rewarding lifestyle, while gaining a profound understanding of the nobility found in their servant’s spirit.
The principles taught during this seminar have been assisting officers create a deeper more meaningful vocation in policing while developing a harmonious and rewarding personal life away from their career. His work on the predictable transitional issues confronting the police officer’s family has led to numerous speaking engagements throughout the nation designed to keep the family of a police officer emotionally and spiritually healthy.
Topics will include:
- Knowledge as protective armor for the entire family
- What can we learn from Dorothy?
- The impact of rewarded cynicism
- learning how to protect your family from over exposure to the “Real World”
- Removing classic frustrations encountered by all law enforcement officers
- The stressors unique to the police officer’s family
- The Caustic Personal Effects of performing well in law enforcement
- The dynamics of controlling more and trusting less on officer attitudes both at work and home
- The risks at home from slaying dragons for a living
- Warning signs of distress and preventative methods to reduce and monitor it
- Why officers are at greater risk for alcohol abuse, divorce, isolation, depression and suicide
- Mastering the misunderstood influence of police perspectives
Mobile In-Service Training Team # 7 Illinois Enforcement Training and Standards Board
MTU #7 request for certification of this course has been approved by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
Meets the following mandatory training criteria: No Mandates