CENTRAL ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING CENTER
Michael J. Oyer, Director
Illinois Central College-North Campus-Poplar Hall
5407 N. University Street P100
Peoria, IL 61635-0001
Phone: (309) 690-7350
Fax: (309) 690-7359
Jean Swan: email@example.com
Heather Grove: firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Training Officer Program (FTO)
CLASS FULL WAIT LIST IN EFFECT
Instructor: Bruce Sokolove
January 7-11, 2019
8am – 4pm
- Learn to identify key elements of the FTO.
- Know the five principles of learning and explain the significance of each principle.
- Understand the role of the FTO.
- Learn the steps to provide guidance, monitoring and evaluation of the recruit officer.
- Identify the methods of instruction and explain the uses, advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Identify the various forms/reports utilized in the field training and evaluation program and explain the use of each form as it applies to the training and evaluation program.
- Explain the function of “Standardized Evaluation Guidelines” and demonstrate proficiency in their use through exercises in a controlled training environment.
- Understand stress and its effects on the recruit officer.
- Comprehend liability of the FTO.
- Identify several forms of training aids.
Who Should Attend
Law enforcement training administrators and personnel officers who are responsible for training, supervising and evaluating the performance of recruits.