CENTRAL ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING CENTER
Michael J. Oyer, Director
Illinois Central College-Peoria Campus-Poplar Hall
5407 N. University Street P100
Peoria, IL 61635-0001
Phone: (309) 690-7350
Fax: (309) 690-7359
Jean Swan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Grove: email@example.com
Crime Stats & NIBRS for the Police Executive
Instructor: PRI Management Group
May 2, 2019
8am – 3pm
All Non MTU #7 Members $159/person Checks/Credit Cards
5-day cancellation policy for refunds.
Checks payable to:
PRI Management Group
299 Alhambra Circle, Suite 316
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Registration and Payment issues contact:
Charles Main, Training Coordinator 305-460-0096
- Is your agency recording and reporting crime correctly?
- Dealing with the media.
- The diﬀerence between NIBRS stats and statute based stats.
- Are your oﬃcers reporting multiple incident cases correctly?
- Validating and presenting NIBRS stats.
- How are crimes counted?
- How are cases cleared?
- Arrests vs. clearances.
- When can you really exceptionally clear a case?
- Learn the most common causes of erroneous stats
- Get extensive e-course material with the class
Attendees receive e-course material:
- Sample forms
- Public records resources
- Sample records unit manual
- Records inventory worksheets
- Error-rate tracking tool
- Digital records resources
Brian Cash began his law enforcement career in 1992 with the Leesburg Police Department in Florida. Over the years he has served in patrol, community services and criminal investigations. In 2007 while serving as the department’s intelligence liaison he became the ﬁrst sworn oﬃcer to graduate from the Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Academy. Brian is now the department’s Records Manager, also overseeing property and evidence operaions. Brian has extensive expertise in property and evidence as well as public records law. He will provide the knowledge you need to ensure compliance and best practices for your agency. Brian holds a Bachelor of
Science degree from Troy University.